Hardware requirements for GRAFIS Version 10, 11 & 12
|Required hardware (*)||Advise for industrial use|
|PC with Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon;
min. 1 GHz
|typical business PC with Intel Pentium Core i5/i7 (2.8 GHz or faster)|
|(*)||16GB RAM or more|
|harddisk (min. 2GB free)(*)||SSD, 500GB disk space minimum|
|1 free USB port for connection of GRAFIS dongle||1 free USB port for connection of GRAFIS dongle|
|Graphics: no special requirements (standard graphics card or chipset graphics sufficient; minimum resolution 1024x768)||Graphics: no special requirements (standard graphics card or chipset graphics sufficient; minimum resolution 1024x768)|
|keyboard with 12 function keys, mouse||keyboard with 12 function keys, mouse|
|Windows 7/8.x/10||Windows 10|
|recommended: backup system (e.g. DVD-RW, blueray (BD), exchangeable or external drive, NAS)||backup solution with DVD-RW, blueray (BD), exchangeable disc or via network (NAS)|
|recommended: broadband internet connection (for updates and support)||broadband internet connection (for updates and support)|
|parallel and/or serial interfaces for connection of old plotters and digitizers (depends on configuration and demands)|
(*) the minimum requirements for CPU, graphics, memory and harddisk are widely the same as for Windows 7
Can you work with GRAFIS on a Macintosh?
If you are using a Macintosh with Intel CPU, it is possible to install Windows (via bootcamp) on which you can use GRAFIS. GRAFIS can be used without problems on a Windows system installed within a virtual machine (such as VMware or Parallels). The installation of GRAFIS in a Windows emulation is not recommended, as GRAFIS would run very slowly and problems with dongle recognition occur frequently.
From 2021, Apple will switch from Intel to ARM processors for Mac computers. If, in the future, virtualization programs such as Parallels or VMware will also enable the use of Windows 10 on such devices, it is very likely that GRAFIS can still be used there. However, we cannot guarantee the compatibility or make statements about the performance of GRAFIS on such systems.
- Printer with Windows driver e.g. HP Laserjet or similar for printing text and miniature patterns
- A0 plotter or larger with rollmedia for fast direct output of patterns during pattern development (see also our plotter offers). From GRAFIS Version 6 upward, all plotter with existing Windows drivers are supported. If no driver is available, please check if the plotter is HPGL or DMPL compatible. If yes, it can be controlled like a HPG-GL plotter.
- If required: Digitizer with 16-button cursor and Wintab driver, e.g. 1,20m x 0,90m active area
An alternative option is ProfileFitPattern.
Additional notes for schools
- All PCs should be conneced via a local area network.
- use of an A4 printer for printing texts and scaled patterns via the network; one printer per room is sufficient if PCs are networked
- A0 ink jet plotter with paper roll and cutting facility for output of patterns in original size
- use of a projector with a minimum of 1024x768 resolution and high luminosity